Animal Friends Blog
Whether your dog is a K9 connoisseur or eats whatever you put in front of them, we have a failproof recipe they’re bound to love! So, go grab your apron and get ready to bake your pooch some of the very best treats!
And you can even treat yourself to one of these yummy pupcakes, too. If they’re willing to share, that is!
On your marks, get set, bake!
What you’ll need
- 68 grams plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 60 grams peanut butter
- 1 medium banana peeled and mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake cases
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Line your tin with the paper cases ready for when your mix is made.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the other ingredients and beat together to form a smooth paste.
- Let this mixture sit for about 15 minutes. Then, spoon it into the paper cases, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Tap the tin a couple of times to level out the mixture and to pop any airy bubbles!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown or an inserted skewer comes out clean and let them cool.
You can store these treats in an airtight container for 2-3 days at room temperature or freeze so that they can be enjoyed at a later date.
If you think you and your dog are ‘Star Barkers’ you can follow our Great Doggy Bake Off in partnership with Dog Furiendly for more recipes and follow along videos on our social media channels.
We have a range of pet insurance policies to suit your needsGet a quote
You may also like